2 Timothy chapter 3 is here - in the last days perilous times will come.
We're told over and over again - don't be afraid...but that only works if we read and study the bible, accept Jesus and trust God's plan for His people.
We can't emphasize this enough: the video's below are worth binge watching, sharing and re-watching accordingly.
The Bible is the living word of God but it leaves many believers with more questions than answers - and some of us want a deeper, logical understanding that many well intended sermons couldn't provide.
After growing up in the church, serving as volunteers, elders and missionaries, we've seen the life changing gospel come to life even though we still had questions that went unanswered. We believe these will help you get a handle on how we got here.
If you go to church, ask them big questions. I hope you get big answers but in case they don't have the time or the full scope of a response, we offer you these to help fill in the gaps.
The deeper you go into his books The Unseen Realm, Angels, Demons and just about everything else - you'll walk away from them with a little more swagger because you found out that all the myths and stories of giants and monsters were most likely real and came from the divine council members that were kicked out of heaven.
Studying the Bible the way we were meant to is a powerful experience, and many of us have spent a few minutes studying Greek and Hebrew words and translations written by the early Church. But to be honest we either didn't have the time or calling to spend years - so thankfully God met us more than halfway and inspired Michael Heiser to study, write and edify us.
Full disclosure - we don't know him. We like the guy but we don't put him on a pedestal...but we've come to appreciate his work immensely and we hope/feel you'll do the same.
Don't have a lot of time? Are you the hurried and adventurous type? Maybe a little ADHD coursing through your veins?
This should be your first video, followed by the divine council. This will help you visually engage what would take several days/weeks to write out with your own notes.
No joke, this is real. This helps us understand that God never wanted or intended to be alone and He had friends/advisors, so to speak.
At a certain point things went sideways...the heavenly beings lusted after beautiful women and they chose to be here on earth instead of with God in heaven. The outcome? Eviction and earthly bodies that would eventually die, leaving them as disembodied spirits who are angry because they're still kicked out of heaven.
The divine council kept part of their power and knowledge, and used it to teach mankind of advanced/heavenly secrets and ways. This led to bitterness - the divine council members basically hated people for being loved by God and they introduced immorality - drugs, lust, perversion to such a degree that they accelerated our depravity.
Things that God intended to benefit us and for us to enjoy became depraved and distorted. Physical lust turned to homosexuality and rape, plants as medicine turned into mind altering lifestyles. Simply put - they created a temporary party that turned into eternal torment, disconnected from God.
Spiritual warfare is a choice - and the first choice is awareness. Honoring God and the work of the cross is for us to become aware of the spiritual landscape and situation around us.
Legacy Faith Church in Harrisburg, PA is a pillar in the faith community and leading the charge for men and their families to engage in spiritual warfare.
Have you ever been asleep and woken up only to find yourself paralyzed, unable to speak or move?
Were you having a bad dream, nightmare or difficulty sleeping beforehand?
Did it mostly happen from 3am to 6am?
Does your child ever wake up in the middle of the night screaming uncontrollably, and nothing works to calm them down?
That was likely a demonic attack and the only way to combat it is muster the strength to repeat the name of Jesus. But you have to believe in Jesus in order for it to be fully effective.
No name under heaven has any authority besides His.
People seem like they're getting crazier.
Like they're riding an emotional edge and the slightest thing could tip them over.
Then something happens and BAM they're outraged, incensed, angered or agitated and yelling beyond reason.
Stress and pressure are one thing - we all feel it.
But there's something moving the spiritual air around us all the time, hoping to find us at a weak moment and take advantage of the situation.
That 'something' isn't just intelligent - it's evil.
Life throws a curveball that you could easily handle before but now, now you're saying or yelling things with such heat that isn't like you.
Its intensity is growing and no one is safe - not our children, parents, pastors , police and even ourselves.
If the enemy can catch us or throw us off guard even for a moment - he'll use that moment to ruin someone else's day.
Why? Because the devil wants to rob you and everyone around us of our peace - which sets the state for our destruction. First in small moments, with it all leading up to big ones.
If we're human, we're susceptible to demonic attack. Rich or poor, good or bad, Christian or something else...
None of us are exempt.
Working or playing hard can be exhausting.
Life events can be heavy and unsettling.
Our mental and physical energy can fluctuate based on our diet, exercise or any number of things we put ourselves through.
But there are events that impact us in ways that aren't natural. You know who you are and how you normally handle things, but you're having thoughts and sensations flood into your mind that aren't your typical response.
Or there is a spirit of heaviness - depression - that feels like an elephant or massive weight sitting on your chest, but it's not the way you normally feel as a response to things happening around you.
Having a bad day is one thing. Having a ongoing series of bad days or seasons could be an attack.
You need to change your footing and treat it accordingly.
We're not superhero's, cartoons or cheesy Hollywood movies that romanticize anything that fights evil and isn't Christ centered.
While the Holy Spirit may paint glaring mental imagery of who/how/where/why evil is operating, we walk in authority and wrestle/pray accordingly.
Guess who has the only authority to destroy the devil and his cohorts mentioned throughout the Bible? Jesus.
(Read Ephesians 6: "we wrestle")
Guess who knows this better than we do?:
The devil & demons
Until God tells us otherwise focus on praying heaven down. You can also get all Matt. 11:12 if you understand how it applies and use restraint.
Those of us in this group all go to and/or come from church. We believe the church - the ecclesia - the corporate body of Christ has a much needed role to play in where we are and how things end up.
We just believe there was room to elaborate on spiritual warfare in a way the majority of churches in America haven't done.
We're busy loving God and hating evil.
In fact, we're actively engaged in both of those on a daily basis.
That means we're more interested in the work than talking.
That said, we also laugh at things all the time and may inadvertently offend you or others, to which we kind of apologize...but we really like this motto:
You do you and we'll do us.
None of this is to get our name in lights. We walk in humility spending resources on free content that's meant to edify members of the church that feel called to spiritual warfare.
Some of us also really hate the camera and we're doing this because we trust God will use us to His will, for Kingdom and Christ's glory. Never ours.
There are a few incredible ironies of spiritual warfare.
We love God and hate evil so deeply that we end up showing greater love to people and hate their sin and the enemy behind it all the more aggressively.
Some of us are playing in the spiritual deep end of the pool against demonic forces and hosts of wickedness...but we laugh at everything all the time.
Sometimes we seem a little cynical or sadistic and that's because we are. We still love Jesus and we're open for the Holy Spirit's correction - but we repent often, loudly and accordingly.
We've seen enough religious rigidity to know we don't care for it. We hope you'll laugh with us but not at us cause we'll hit you.
Just kidding! That was a test. Sorta.
The Bible is our resource to learn about spiritual warfare, and all warfare requires knowing your enemy.
Here is a list of common, understood ways the enemy attacks our mind, bodies and soul.
If you're experiencing any of this, pray on it, search the scripture and consult with an elder or teacher in the Christian faith.
- A compulsive desire to blaspheme God
- A revulsion against the Bible, including a desire to tear it up or destroy it
- Questioning or Challenging God's word
- Attacking people giving a teaching or lesson on what the Bible says
- Fascination with the occult
- Inability to believe (even when you want to)
- Inability to open the Bible (you want to but physically feel restricted from doing so)
- Inability to read the Bible (it's frustrating or doesn't make sense)
- Sudden urge to close the Bible when you're making progress or getting drawn in to the teaching
- Openly mocking and blaspheming against preaching/teaching of the word
- A strong aversion towards scripture - hearing, reading or speaking about it
- Extreme sleepiness or tiredness around Christian spiritual things (church, bible study, sermons)
- Compulsive thoughts of murder or suicide
- Deep bitterness and hatred toward others without reason
- Strong feelings of racism (other ethnicities and nationalities)
- Compulsive desires to verbally insult other people, even if it means lying to do so
- Vicious cutting and tearing down with words and non-verbal physical intimidation
- Rebellion and hatred for authority
- Involvement in criminal activity
- Stealing/theft of property
- Vandalizing property
- Panic attacks
- Compulsive temptations that seek to force thoughts or behavior that you truly don't want to think or do
- Heavy feelings or burdens of guilt even after honest confession and repentance is made to the Lord in Jesus' name
- Deep depression and despondency
- Extremely low self-image (unworthiness, failure, never good enough, constant undermining of your self-identity)
- Strong delusions of self doubt
- Hearing voices in the mind that mock, intimidate, accuse, threaten, or attempt to bargain with/at you
- Strong disbelief in your strength, effort or ability (causing you to not step forward or live your dreams)
- Extreme and sudden doubt of your salvation, even though you once knew you were saved
- Bizarre angry, manipulative or terrifying thoughts that seem to come from out of nowhere and can't be controlled
- Hearing voices that refer to him/her in the third person
- Pornography addiction
- Abnormal or perverted sexual desires (homosexuality, beastiality, incest)
- Depraved sexual desires (BDSM, kink, fetish, rape, brutality, violent sex, gang rape, sodomy)
- Constant or ongoing confusion
- Ongoing forgetfulness
- Thoughts and urges to mock and blaspheme against preaching/teaching of the word
- Irrational fears / panics / phobias
- Irrational frustration, loss of patience and anger towards children
- Extreme irrational guilt or self-condemnation
- Desire to do what is right but ultimately unable to carry it out (you stall out or walk away)
- Schizophrenia / Bi-Polar disorder
- A.D.D. & A.D.H.D that leads to medication (Surrender it to God and learn to work with it)
- Loss of memory, ending up somewhere you don't recall going to
- Recurring loss of memory of recently told instructions or small details
- Night terrors for children
- Sleep paralysis (hostile visitation by an incubus/succubus)
- Recurring horrific dreams
- Terror filled dreams that seem clairvoyant and give you strong delusional beliefs that they'll come true
- Demonic presence / manifestations attacking, hurting or provoking you
- Dreams of demons violently attacking you or your family
- Dreams of people you know (friends/family/co-workers) violently attacking or killing your family
- Seizures, sudden/random/ongoing
- Eating disorders without physical cause or medical requirement
- Excessive sleep
- Strong tiredness without physical cause (you didn't exert yourself physically, but you feel like it)
- Choking sensations that come/leave suddenly
- Blackouts, dizziness or fainting seizures with no medical or physiological cause
- Sudden urges to crash your car or run and die (off a cliff/road or into oncoming traffic)
- A dark countenance, where a demonization is making you look hollow or contorts your face to look evil
- Inability to make eye contact with people (constant avoidance of eye contact)
- Drug use, especially with demonic hallucinations
- Eating obsessions - bulimia, anorexia nervosa
- Constant masturbation several times daily (physical pain in the groin area until masturbation is performed)
- Irrational crying or laughter regardless of the situation or circumstance
- Sudden angry speaking of different languages not previously known (possibly ethnic or ancestral)
- Extreme restlessness, especially in a Christian spiritual environment (someone's home/office/public area)
- Loss of time, from minutes to hours to days
- Uncontrollable mocking
- Compulsively letting out vulgar language and actions
- ESP and demonstration of supernatural or occult abilities (astral-projection, medium)
- Compulsion to keep watching horror television/movies
- Compulsion to inform or suggest to others that they should do demonic activities or depraved behavior
- Sudden desire or ability to speaking chants/spells/curses
- Supernatural experiences - hauntings, movement or disappearance of things, objects and other strange manifestations
- Sudden temporary interference with bodily movement/functions
- Sudden diarrhea or vomiting
Subscribe for ongoing information in the spiritual battle for our lives, unfolding before the entire world.